This website is owned by Online Medicines Limited, company number SC736156, with a registered address of 1.05 The Greenlaw Works, 6 Greenlaw Way, Newton Mearns, Glasgow, G776EF. By using this website and any services within, you are confirming that you understand and agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions. Please read all the information carefully before requesting or ordering any treatment from this website.
Table of Contents
- 1. Regulation and Commitment
- 2. Security and Privacy
- 3. Advice, Information, and Treatment
- 4. Pricing
- 5. Placing an Order
- 6. Assessing your treatment request
- 7. Concluding a binding contract
- 8. Payment
- 9. Postage costs
- 10. Delivery of orders
- 11. Notification of errors
- 12. Returns policy
- 13. Refunds policy
- 14. Complaints procedure
- 15. Information on this website
- 16. Third-party rights
- 17. Our right to amend Terms and Conditions
1. Regulation and Commitment
Online Medicines Limited is a UK-regulated company, our dispensing pharmacy regulatory body is the General Pharmaceutical Council. Verification of our Pharmacy’s registration status can be done online and can also be confirmed using the green logo on our website: https://www.pharmacyregulation.org/registers/pharmacy.
Online Medicines Limited offers information and treatment for numerous medical conditions. This service is provided by UK-registered healthcare professionals.
The Superintendent Pharmacist for the company is Mr. Mohammed Hameed.
By accessing our online service, you confirm that you are 18 years of age or over, and you authorise us to verify your identity using a third-party verification provider. You also confirm that all information you provide in completing the assessment forms is accurate, honest, and up to date. Online Medicines Limited will not be held liable for treatment prescribed because of the failure to disclose past and current medical information or medication details by the user. You, the user, will take the responsibility to notify your GP of the treatment you receive from us. We can do this on your behalf if you consent to us doing so by annotating the relevant question relating to this at the end of the assessment form. You must notify us of any side effects or adverse drug reactions.
Online Medicines Limited commits to providing a professional, honest service that takes your best interests into consideration. We commit to being transparent and will take reasonable measures to ensure your details are treated with confidentiality.
2. Security and Privacy
We strive to ensure that our platform/s is safe and secure for all our users. As a result, we use various security measures to protect customers including web application firewall, real-time IP restriction, and threat modelling. Our website/s does not store or have access to any of your financial information or data. Our card processing agent and merchant process your payment details.
We require certain information from you if you would like to use our services such as Name, Address, Date of Birth, Gender, and email address. We use this information to set up your account or to send promotional information if you have agreed to join our mailing list. We also use your information for the purposes of fulfilling your orders including billing and deliveries. We may also refer to these details should you raise a query or complaint. Further security measures we use include BOT and Denial of Service protection and some other security measures, however, although this secures our website, digital transmissions are not always completely secure. You must ensure that any device you are using to access our platform is safely protected from interception and viruses which may compromise you.
Online Medicines Limited complies with the Data Protection Act 1998. We will not share or sell any of your personal information with any organisation other than those directly involved in delivering these services (e.g., the courier service). Our prescribing services are carried out in-house and are not outsourced to an external party. This service does not take away the responsibility for you to inform your regular GP of the medication prescribed by us unless you consent to us doing so by providing us with your full GP details.
3. Advice, Information, and Treatment
Advice, information, and treatment provided by Online Medicines Limited when you use the service are based on the information you have supplied to us. It is your responsibility to ensure this information is accurate. Failure to do so, whether intentionally or not, will affect the information, advice, and treatment we offer you. As such, this may have consequences for you for which we are not responsible.
Prices on our website/s is inclusive of VAT and displayed in British Pounds. Online Medicines Limited ensures that pricing is accurate, transparent, and competitive. We do not charge you any additional fees beyond what is stated on the website. We will not contact you to request further payments unless you have amended your order. Our prices factor in the prescribing fee, therefore there will be no additional fees to have your prescription approved and prescribed.
If you have mistakenly been overcharged, we will arrange to process a refund for the difference within five working days.
5. Placing an Order
- Select your preferred treatment and proceed to the treatment page to start the assessment
- Follow the ‘start assessment’ by clicking on either buttons at the top or bottom of the page
- You will be required to sign in or create an account. (You can opt to skip this however you will be prompted to do this after you complete the assessment form)
- Fill in the online consultation honestly and accurately. The consultation is free.
- Confirm the selection of your preferred medicine.
- Proceed to the checkout summary page.
- Once your payment has been successful, you will receive a confirmation email
- You will receive follow-up correspondence to advise you if your order has been rejected/approved
- If your order has been approved by our prescriber/s a prescription will be generated and passed to our dispensary
- Once your prescription has been dispensed and accuracy checked it will be packed for delivery
- You will receive tracking information for your parcel.
- If you wish to cancel your order, please either phone or email us at the earliest instance. Our prescribers sometimes issue prescriptions within minutes of an order being placed, in which case you will be liable for the prescription fee but eligible for a full refund of the remaining costs including medicine and postage should you wish to cancel.
6. Assessing your treatment request
When you request a treatment through our website/s, the information you provide is essential for our prescribers to assess the suitability of treatment. You agree to us and our prescribers using the information you provide in order to make a clinical decision as to whether the selected treatment is appropriate. In some circumstances, we may need further information in response to your answers, as a result, we will contact you to ascertain more details. Online Medicines Limited will not be liable for false, missing, or inaccurate information provided by you whether mistakenly, intentionally, or not. As a result of the time and resources required to review your order request which is factored into the pricing structure, should you wish to cancel an order you will be liable for the prescription fee but refunded the cost of the medication/s ordered along with any delivery cost you have paid.
7. Concluding a binding contract
When we receive an order from you to purchase goods or services from us, we will confirm that we have received the order by sending a confirmation email to the contact email address that you supplied.
Professional codes of conduct and legal restrictions may limit the number and frequency of any item we are permitted to supply to you and, as such, we have no obligation to supply quantities exceeding the relevant permitted maximum and will charge only for those we do supply. We reserve the right to reject any order.
In providing payment card details, you confirm that you are authorised to use the card and authorise us, and our payment service provider, to take payment in full for the items in your order, any associated postage or packaging fees, and any other charges that become due to us under these terms and conditions.
9. Postage costs
Postage costs below the threshold for free delivery can be seen under ‘Delivery‘ on our website.
10. Delivery of orders
Medicines will normally be dispatched within 1-2 working days of the prescriber authorising the prescription. All medicines for delivery by post are sent out using Royal Mail. Liabilities held by Online Medicines Limited or by the customer for signed-for deliveries are as such:
- Signed for: Online Medicines Limited is liable for misplaced items and redelivery of items in this case.
- Standard Royal Mail 24 or 48 service: It is your responsibility to ensure that someone is available to sign for any medicines that are delivered at your chosen delivery address or to collect the medicine from Royal Mail yourself. The person signing for medicines does not need to be the named patient. You acknowledge and accept that we have no control over the postal system and we have no liability in respect of items that are not received by you after we have dispatched them. It is your responsibility to ensure that the person signing for the medicines delivers them to you.
11. Notification of errors
You should check the content of each delivery promptly upon receipt. If you believe that items have been sent to you in error, you should contact us immediately.
12. Returns policy
You can return any unwanted items within 7 days of receipt to the dispensing pharmacy for a refund or replacement. Medicinal products cannot be returned due to the legislation governing the sale and supply of medicines in the UK. You will be refunded the full cost of the product, minus the prescription fee and the postage cost. Please inform us of the returned item.
The postage cost and tracking of returned items are the responsibility of the customer. We suggest using registered post to prevent further dismay. Returned item(s) must be undamaged, unopened and in their original packaging. Online Medicines Limited reserves the right to decline a refund in such instances where these requirements are not met.
Cancelling your order:
In order to cancel your order please either phone or email us at the earliest instance. Please note our prescribers sometimes issue prescriptions within minutes or hours of an order being placed, in which case you will be liable for the prescription fee but eligible for a full refund of the remaining costs including medicine and postage.
13. Refunds policy
Your refund will automatically be processed within 3-5 working days or, in some cases, up to 14 days.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you’re not, just return the medicine to the dispensing pharmacy for safe disposal following the instructions in section 15. Returns policy above, and we’ll exchange or refund it to the credit or debit card used to place and pay for the original order. Please see below for products excluded from this policy.
Under the Distance Selling Regulations, if you buy online or by phone, your consumer rights entitle you to a full refund if you request one in writing within 7 working days of receipt. This policy only applies if the item(s) is (are) undamaged, unopened, in their original packaging and with seals unbroken. Online Medicines Limited reserves the right to decline a refund in such instances where these requirements are not met.
14. Complaints procedure
Online Medicines Limited aims to maintain 100% customer satisfaction, but we realise there maybe instances where customers wish to make complaints. We operate a continuous improvement policy in customer care and try our best to get things right the first time. If you are unhappy with anything, please contact us immediately and our staff will be more than happy to rectify any issues you may have.
We will endeavour to respond to you within 48 hours. If it is a more urgent matter, please phone us instead and we can rectify any issues at the earliest possible opportunity.
15. Information on this website
We take care to ensure that all information available on our websites about our business, services, and any products mentioned is accurate and up to date. General medical information provided on the website is not a substitute for specific and personalised medical advice and should not be read or used as such.
Links to other websites: Online Medicines Limited provides links from this website to websites that are owned and controlled by third parties, such as health resources. These links are provided only for your convenience and we have no control or hold any liability over these websites.
16. Third-party rights
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to, nor shall it grant a benefit on, any third party under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999, and a person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions has no rights to enforce them.
17. Our right to amend Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions. You will be subject to the terms and conditions that are in force at the time that you order goods from us unless:
- Any change to these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority, in which case the changes may apply to orders previously placed by you; or
- We notify you of any changes to these terms and conditions before we accept your order, in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions unless you notify us to the contrary within seven (7) working days of receipt by you of the goods.