www.edpharmacy.co.uk is owned by Online Medicines Limited. We are committed to ensuring that our customer’s privacy and security are always protected. We have appropriate measures in place to ensure that you are protected against the unlawful processing of your data or personal information when you use our services. This may include registering an account, filling out an assessment form or online consultation, purchasing any of our products, writing a review, making an enquiry, telephoning, emailing in, or writing to us. We may also collect personal information about you when you are browsing our website.
We collect personal information about you when you use our services. Any information that you provide to us when using the services that we can identify you with is safely stored and treated with the utmost confidentiality. We will never sell any of your details or personal information to any third party.
We also take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information is encrypted and stored according to industry standards.
Personal data is defined as any data relating to an individual that would allow them to be identified either directly or indirectly, this includes information such as your name, address, and date of birth.
During your visit to our site, we may gather certain personal information that is necessary to set up your account, for the purposes of billing, delivery of your goods, and queries. We only keep your information for as long as is necessary to process your order, process any applicable refunds, respond to any complaints/feedback, or to provide you with promotional information you have subscribed to.
Personal information we may collect includes information you provide to us to allow us to provide you with our services. Depending on the service provided, this may include
- Date of birth
- Billing and delivery address
- Order information / Invoices
- E-mail address
- Telephone number(s)
An encrypted version of your login password is also retained.
Your data will only be used to enable us to deliver our service to you. It will also be used to help us monitor and improve our service, product range, and website. And to conform to legal, compliance, and regulatory requirements including the prevention of fraud. If your request for a product is approved, a prescription will be issued by our prescriber and passed to our partner pharmacy to be dispensed. Dispensing will be carried out at Lanark Pharmacy, 78 High Street, Lanark, ML11 7ES. Should a prescription be issued, you consent to your data being securely stored on the Lanark Pharmacy patient medication record (PMR) password-protected system and recorded in the electronic private prescription register. All data is strictly private and confidential and will not be disclosed to unauthorised personnel.
We do not have access to any of your bank or financial information which is securely transferred directly to our card processing agents and who process this.
Upon your consent, we may add you to our mailing list, you can unsubscribe from this at any time by emailing or writing to us.
When you supply your information to us you accept the risks associated with the internet and will not hold us responsible for any loss of your information unless we have breached our duty of care to you.
To fulfil your request when using any of our online services, we may supply some of your information electronically to selected third parties who will be involved in delivering the service to you. This includes couriers and payment processing gateways.
Any links to third-party websites will have their own privacy policies, we are not responsible for the privacy policies of these websites.
Data protection law gives you several rights. These include the right to
- Request to access, rectify, erase, restrict, transport, and object to the processing of personal data, where this data is not required to be retained by law
- Right to lodge a complaint with the relevant authority if you believe that your personal data is not being processed in accordance with data protection law
- You may, where permitted, request copies of your data. If you would like to request the personal data we hold about you, you may do so by writing to our Data Protection Officer.
- Request that we rectify any inaccurate and/or complete incomplete personal data.
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. Such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your previous consent. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to benefit certain service features for which the processing of your personal data is essential.
- Request that we stop processing your personal data.
- Request that we erase your personal data. We can comply unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so. For example, retention by our partner pharmacy, of private prescription and dispensing information.
- Request that we provide your personal data to you to have it transferred to another provider of the same or similar services
- Right to lodge a complaint. We suggest that you contact us with any questions or if you have a complaint in relation to how we process your personal data. We hope to resolve any issues directly, however, you also have the right to contact the relevant supervisory authority directly. To contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, the supervisory authority in the United Kingdom, you can visit the ICO website for instructions.
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a set of requirements designed to ensure that companies that process, store, or transmit card payment information maintain a secure environment. Online Medicines Limited is PCI DSS compliant and offers this secure environment for its cardholder’s data, although it is not involved in processing payments, nor does it store any payment details as this is passed onto the payment gateway and merchant provider. Our systems are subject to regular checks and audits to ensure that all our security is operating effectively and without compromise.
We use essential cookies to enable our customers to consult and request treatment. When you are not logged in, two types of cookies are stored, these are session cookies and item cookies. Items cookies remember the treatment you have selected or indicated. Session cookies are those that link your answers to the assessment questions. One extra cookie is stored if you, the user, logs in, these are called ‘logged in’ cookies and as the name suggests, these cookies remember your preferences when you log in.
No optional cookies such as third-party, analytics, or tracking cookies are used on the website. You can turn off cookies in your browser settings however this may affect the functionality of the website on your device. More information is available online and would depend on your device and browser.
For your medication request to be fulfilled we need to legally verify the identity of our patients and to ensure users are over 18 and genuine. We use an external solution to do this, and your information is validated accordingly. You may receive an email notification from this third party to advise you on successful verification. Data that is cross-checked usually comes from credit agencies, the electoral roll, and telephone and email databases. If you fail an identity verification you may be prompted to provide more information to verify your identity.